A new ticket office has been opened since Monday in Szczecin's centre. Passengers can now go to this brand-new, comfortable location to get a range of services. After the reconstruction of Rodła Square and alterations to the road network, the new location will be more accessible for residents and tourists.
At the ticket office in Rodła 1-2, you can:
- have your SKA (Szczecin Agglomeration Card)/SKR (Szczecin Family Card) topped up (buy season tickets or have your e-wallet topped up)
- buy conventional paper tickets;
- request a personal SKA card;
- have a personal SKA card issued to you;
- request a duplicate personal SKA card and have it issued to you;
- buy a bearer SKA card;
- save entitlements to public-transport discounts on your personal SKA card;
- get information about currently applicable rates, Szczecin's transport network and the SKA card system;
- file a complaint regarding SKA card services and any contracts saved on your SKA cards;
- file a complaint regarding any malfunctions of mobile and stationary ticket machines.
“The ticket office is open from Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 17:15. It is located on the other side of the street, facing the existing Customer Service Office,” said Hanna Pieczyńska, spokeswoman for the Szczecin Roads and Transport Authority. “The opening hours will be extended in the coming months, and the old ticket office, located in the Social Insurance Institution's building, will no longer provide customer service.”
The ticket office has been relocated due to the reconstruction of Rodła Square. The new Customer Service Office also has an employee break room for drivers. Please keep in mind that that once all work in the area is complete, bus stops and depots will be relocated. resulting in a more convenient access to the new spot.