Stage performances, march-pasts, and parade drill shows - these are all the highlights the audience will be able to experience during the 6th Festival of Brass Bands for the Cup of the Mayor of Szczecin, to be held as part of the Sails 2023 event.
The Festival of Brass Bands is an exceptional show. Orchestras from Poland and other European countries come to Szczecin to get an opportunity to showcase their skills and try to win the Mayor of Szczecin Cup. Between Friday and Sunday, we will get a chance to listen to hundreds of instruments and view colourful march-pasts.
Seven orchestras are due to participate:
- “Echo Gór” Brass Band (Echo of the Mountains) - Kasinka Mała
- Oleksandriia Model Children's Brass Band - Oleksandriia, Ukraine
- Fanfares of Lviv Children's Brass Band and Feyeriya Majorettes - Lviv, Ukraine
- Youth Blue Brass Band - Włoszakowice
- District and Municipal Brass Band - Chełmża,
- Mogilno Brass Band - Mogilno
- Red Swing Low - Gryfice,
- Youth Brass Band - Płoty.
Stage performances, orchestra parade drill shows, the presentation of bands, spiced up with colourful costumes, can make you feel as if you came to the Rio de Janeiro carnival. During the Festival, we will have a chance to listen to the Szczecin bugle-call performed by all the bands and the pieces proposed by their band masters. The Festival participants will be present at the Oder River for the march-past, in Solidarności Square, or at the Helena Majdaniec Summer Theatre, where the winners of this year's edition will be announced.
The partners of the Sails 2023 even are the Szczecin Water Supply and Sewerage Company and the Szczecin-Świnoujście Port Authority.