Social media

Filtrowanie

Kategorie

    Archiwum

      24°

      Szczecin Citizen Budget – new edition and new rules. Submissions starting this March!

      Marta Kufel

      Marta Kufel

      Szczecin Citizen Budget – new edition and new rules. Submissions starting this March!

      This year, Szczecin residents will have the opportunity to submit, and vote for, Szczecin Citizen Budget (SCB) projects according to new rules. Below we give you a brief rundown on the most important ones.

      This year, SCB project submissions will start on 14 March and continue until 13 April 2023. You only need to have an idea for a project or an action and secure a minimum of 10 signatures on your support list, and submit your application to the City Hall within the said time limit. Each resident may submit an unlimited number of proposals.

      The new SCB rules provide for a different allocation of funds: 70% of the total funding will be set aside for local projects, while the remaining 30% will be allocated for the “Green SCB” – projects aimed at the protection of the city’s natural environment. No Green SCB project may cost more than 50% of all the SCB funding allocated for Green SCB projects. All submitted projects may be implemented in areas owned by the commune or housing cooperatives.

      “The new rules have been devised for, and in cooperation with, Szczecin’s residents,” said Magdalena Błaszczyk, Director of the Citizen Budget Office. “We hope that the new ‘green’ projects will deliver on their promise to make our city even greener.

      Another new solution is also the option to vote electronically – it is environmentally friendly, while also allowing the results to be processed, and the winners to be announced, faster, as well as affording greater level of personal data security). Those who need voting help can use a hotline to contact City Hall employees during consultation hours. Each voter will have two votes –  one for a local project and one for a Green SCB project. Votes may be cast by all Szczecin residents regardless of their age and address of registered residence.

      Once verified by the City Hall, the projects will be examined by the Council comprised of representatives of NGOs, housing estate councils, residents and representatives of municipal entities. Appeals will be referred to Committees comprised of representatives of the Complaints, Applications and Petitions Committee of the City Council and authors of projects that were selected in previous editions of the SCB. 

      Submissions start on 14 March and will continue until 13 April. Make sure to submit your project!

      This year’s funding for Szczecin Citizen Budget is PLN 17,200,000 (of which PLN 5,160,000 is for Green SCB projects and PLN 12,040,000 is for local projects).

      For more information, go to www.sbo.szczecin.eu

      Bądź na bieżąco!

      Kliknij w przycisk „Obserwuj”, aby być bieżąco z wiadomościami ze Szczecina. Najbardziej interesujące wpisy znajdziesz w Google News!