The call for entries for the International Sailing Awards of Szczecin for 2022 is now open. You can nominate your candidate until 15 February and the winners will be announced on 25 March. We invite you to do so!
As a reminder: The seventh edition of the Sailing Awards is upon us. The awards are granted to sailors, primarily from Western Pomerania and the Westpomeranian Region, for exceptional achievements made in the previous year.
This year’s prizes will be awarded in 9 categories:
- Captain Ludomir Mączka Grand Prize;
- Voyage of the Year – Wyszak Award (The Award is funded by the West Pomeranian Regional Sailing Association);
- Sailor of the year (The Award in funded by the West Pomeranian Regional Sailing Association);
- Regatta Racer of the Year – Captain Kazimierz Kuba Jaworski Award;
- Sailing Promotor – Captain Kazimierz Haska Award;
- Umbriaga the Cat Award;
- Coach of the Year – Teodor Czarnecki Award;
- Sailing Event;
- Aleksander Doba Special Sailing Award.
Applications can be submitted using an electronic application form available on https://www.accredi.pl/nagrodyzeglarskie. You can also download an application form from the following website: http://nagrodyzeglarskie.szczecin.pl/ and then email it to the following address: email@example.com. Application forms will be accepted for individual awards from 10 January to 15 February 2023.
Candidates can be nominated by residents of Szczecin, Western Pomerania and the Westpomeranian Region, whilst in the case of the Captain Ludomir Mączka Award also by residents of any other region of Poland. In addition, candidates can also be nominated by the jury members and public institutions, unions, associations, foundations, organisations and sailing clubs. The nominees for the individual awards will be selected from the submissions.
The International Sailing Awards of Szczecin are a tribute to the sailing community and are established to promote sailing and its tradition; honour important sailing achievements (including those related to West Pomerania and Hither Pomerania); build and raise maritime awareness and to recognise achievements in the area of maritime education of children and adolescents.